Creative Solutions to Alleviate Stress
“During Moments of Doubt“
- Breathe. Breathe in strength and exhale doubt.
- Exercise your doubt–walk, play tennis, run, yoga.
- Eat healthy–nourish yourself
- Look towards gratitude for your positive attributes.
“Getting Back on Track“
- Take a walk, breathe, clear your head.
- Have a personal “come-back” phrase that will re-energize you.
- Remind yourself of your accomplishments and talents.
- Keep it simple. Return to the basics.
“Loving Your Self More“
- Pay attention and observe your thinking.
- Catch yourself in self-judgment and doubt.
- Notice what these thoughts are making you feel.
- Breathe in self-assurance and exhale distress.
- Move towards self-approval and gratitude.
- Find Solutions – Have Fun – Enjoy Nature.
- Reflect on your change or loss.
- Experience your emotional response.
- Accept your past.
- Appreciate all that you have experienced.
- Reflect, Reconcile, resolve.
- Find meaning in the moments.
A Pausing Script
I sit in a comfortable position. I adjust my body just right.
I quiet my mind. I take a deep breath in–and then exhale.
I take another deep
breath in… breathing in positive relaxation.
And this time, as I exhale – I breathe out whatever it is I need to let go off.
I release any tension.
I say to myself the words, “calm and relaxed”.
Calm and relaxed to quiet my thoughts, to quiet my body.
I adjust my body in a way that will be most comfortable for myself.
I begin to let the natural rhythm of my body take me into relaxation.
If any thoughts of the day interrupt me,
I will acknowledge them and then I will let them pass.
Perhaps I want to imagine putting my worries in the clouds for
the moment and watch them slowly drift away.
I allow this time for myself… so that I can unwind completely…
I let my breath slowly flow easily and gently through me.
As I gently inhale and exhale– relaxation is moving through me.
My muscles are relaxed.
Any stress or discomfort is slowly floating away.
My emotions are calm and peaceful.
At this moment I am at peace with myself.
I can sit quietly and calmly.
I will trust the silence.
I reaffirm positive thoughts.
I am open to receive calmness.
I give myself the gift of taking a moment to focus inward.
I feel good I know how to relax myself.
I can choose to change my focus by taking a deep breath in and then exhaling. I exhale any frustration or doubts.
Pause… When I’ve taken enough
time-out, and I feel ready, I will open my eyes
feeling refreshed and rejuvenated – with a renewed sense of inner calmness.